Sunday, November 27, 2005

"Ryukin"


Most of my time has been spent painting for the past 2 or 3 months so I reoriented my studio and am now ready to do some more woodcuts. Mosy of my woodcuts have been printed in blacks and greys, but now I am going to venture into using more color. This is my first major attempt at incorporating color into my printing. This 7" x 7" print was made from 5 seperate carved blocks of 3/4 MDF and printed using Speedball Oil ink and Windsor Newton Oil paint mixed with Graphic Chemical "Tint Extender." I am looking forward to more exerimenting! Jim

1 comment:

tandylane0725 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com